UrFU's Lingua-T to perform Oscar Wilde's "Importance of Being Earnest"
The first performance is scheduled for 7 p.m. local time on Thursday, Feb. 20, at Yekaterinburg's House of Actors. A second performance will be held at the same time and venue on March 8.
First performed in February of 1895 at London's St. James Theater, "The Importance of Being Earnest" is a farcical comedy in which the protagonist manufactures a separate identity to avoid social obligations.
Largely considered a statement on the trivialities of upper-class life in Victorian England, "The Importance of Being Earnest" is regarded by many as Oscar Wilde's most seminal work.
Tickets are now on sale at UrFU's Department of Foreign Language and through the House of Actors theater. Prices range from $5.75 to $8.75.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants