Biathlete Olga Podchufarova to replace Irina Starykh on Olympic team
Galina Nechkasovu was initially expected to replace Starykh, who was eliminated from the team after testing positive for doping. Her application, however, was not approved by the International Olympic Committee because she was not officially part of Russia's extended team at the start of the season, Ekburg.ru reports.
The biathlon is a winter sport combining cross country skiing with rifle shooting. The sport originated as a military exercise for Norwegian soldiers. The event was first held at the Olympic Games in 1924.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants