Over 27 million passengers use Aeroexpress' Pay Gate technology
The units are installed on the platform with a single universal turnstile card reader and can work with traditional tickets as well as with Visa payWave and MasterCard PayPass.
Most of the usage has been concentrated at the Sheremetyevo airport, where more than 13 million passengers used their Visa payWave or MasterCard PayPass directly on turnstiles between Aug. 15 and Dec. 31. Domodedovo Airport, meanwhile, saw 10,000 passengers use the cards on turnstiles while Vnukovo airport reached nearly 4,000 passengers using the service.
"Now the passengers know that they do not need to stand at the ticket offices or ticket machines," Aeroexpress Commercial Director Rustam Akiniyazov said. "It is enough to have a bank card with contactless technology. Payment of travel in this manner takes a couple of seconds. Last year, passengers 'tasted' this service. In 2014, we expect a significant increase in the proportion of fare bank cards."
MasterCard PayPass technology was available at the box office and ticket machines in 2011 at Aeroexpress stations. The opportunity was expanded to include Visa payWave in April.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants