Urals teacher arrested in alleged murder over literature
Officials report that the two men were drinking in an Irbit village bar last weekend, approximately 125 miles outside of Yekaterinburg, when they began arguing over literature, The Moscow Times reports.
The 67-year-old victim, whose name has been withheld, was heard saying "the only real literature is prose" moments before the former teacher stabbed the man to death. The suspect, whose name is also being withheld, had been arguing his preference for poetry before murdering his friend, according to The Moscow Times.
The suspect fled the scene after the stabbing occurred and was not found by police until days after the incident. He has been arrested and charged with murder, which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison, The Moscow Times reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants