DHL to discontinue delivery of goods purchased online to Russian citizens
The company cited stricter customs regulations as influencing its decision to stop delivering parcels from internationals vendors as of Jan. 27, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The new regulations will also likely affect such parcel carriers as FedEx, Pony Express, UPS, DPD, TNT and SPSR Express. The regulations expressly prohibit the importing of personal items for use by Russian citizens, making the cargo subject to more complicated customs procedures.
Customs officers at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport now require delivery services to make deliveries only to addresses that match a customer's bank card, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants