Sverdlovsk allocates $29,000 towards Demidov grants
The Yekaterinburg Public Scientific Demidov Fund subsidizes prizes to prominent scientists. Each year, the fund offers three prizes for special achievements in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology, geoscience and the humanities, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The award is named for Pavel Nikolaevich Demidov, a representative of the famous Demidov family. The prize was established in his name in 1831. Between 1832 and 1866, the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences awarded 55 full prizes of $145 and 220 part prizes of a smaller denomination.
The awards ended in 1866 and were revived again in 1993 on the initiative of Russian Academy of Sciences Vice President Gennady Mesyats and the Eduard Rossel, the former governor of the Sverdlovsk region, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants