Sverdlovsk reports $780 million budget deficit for 2013
While government revenues amounted to $4.54 billion during the year, spending totaled $5.32 billion, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Members of the regional government cite decreased income in the region due to the ongoing global economic recession as the primary factor in last year's budget deficit. Revenues received in 2013 were approximately $100 million less than forecast. Meanwhile, the region's expenditures for the year were 15.7 percent greater than budgeted.
The legal limit for a federal region's budget deficit is $890 million, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Final 2013 financial figures for the Sverdlovsk region will be available later in March.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants