Sverdlovsk Suburban Passenger Co. launches diesel electric trains in Yekaterinburg
Regional Transport and Communications Minister Alexander Sidorenko presided over the trains' ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday. Moments later the first DT-1 train departed from the Yekaterinburg station, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
In total, the Sverdlovsk region has invested $22 million dollars for its fleet of two DT-1 trains, which are equipped with new air conditioning and heating systems, modern bathrooms and a closed-circuit television security system.
The energy efficient DT-1s are expected to save the regional railroad network an average of $890,000 per year, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants