Yekaterinburg Zoo's polar bear Umka turns eight
Umka is a public favorite and is estimated to have been born in 1996, a figure based on the time at which the bear was found without a mother, Ekburg.ru reports.
Villagers from Cape Schmidt saved the bear, who at the time was believed to have been about nine months old. In April 1998 the bear was brought to the Yekaterinburg Zoo from Chukotka where he was immediately placed in a separate enclosure.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants