UrFU graduate Sergey Karjakin wins Dakar Rally ATV competition
The Dakar race is an annual transcontinental rally-marathon ATV competition. It began in Argentina on Jan. 5, with the route continuing through Bolivia and Chile. Participants ride quad racers nearly 400 miles over various types of terrain.
Karjakin came in first with a time of 6:01:42, almost two minutes ahead of the second place competitor, Chilean Ignacio Casale.
Karjakin has achieved victories in several Mud Championship races for the Can-Am Trophy. He also has a championship in orienteering ATV, and he won a stage of the World Cup Rally in Russia in 2011. Karjakin also participated in the junior series World Rally Championship.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants