Sverdlovsk skater Yulia Lipnitskaya heads to Silver Cup
Fifteen-year-old Lipnitskaya took silver at the International Junior Grand Prix in Japan in early December, losing to Japan's Mao Asada, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
"It is important that I have been selected for the European Championship, and now we are waiting for the fight there," Lipnitskaya said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Lipnitskaya's performances have featured powerful jump elements and complex choreography. Lipnitskaya is also known for her flexibility, performing unique elements that other skaters cannot repeat.
Should she head to the Olympic games, Lipnitskaya will have the opportunity to perform her routine on familiar Sochi ice, where she has previously performed, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants