Thousands celebrate New Year in Yekaterinburg's Ice Town
Built in 1905, Ice Town lights up during the holiday season with a 130-foot Christmas tree and festive lights display, Ekburg.ru reports.
This year, the Ice Town curators transformed the area into an Olympic village in celebration of the upcoming Sochi Winter Games. More than 40 artists worked on the Olympic Ice Town to create display snowboarding parks and slides.
Just before midnight President Vladimir Putin's speech was broadcast throughout Olympic Ice Town, and at midnight the city launched a fireworks display, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants