Internet, cable outages affect thousands in Yekaterinburg
Outages affect approximately 400,000 subscribers of the following Russian cable providers: VimpelCom, Megaphone, MTS, Comstar, Rostelecom, Uralwestcom, TransTelecom and others, IP News reports.
Services were interrupted when Yekaterinburg's Tram and Trolleybus Management service cut communication lines running along tram tracks and surrounding light poles to carry out tram maintenance.
When the Tram and Trolleybus Management service finishes its work, the fiber optic lines will be moved underground where they will be less likely to be disrupted by future work or weather, according to IP News.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants