Dutch architecture firm wins bid to construct UrFU building
The firm was awarded the bid after university officials approved a sketch of the future building designed by Ural State Academy of Architecture graduate Yana Vlasova. Vlasova and her colleagues Daniel van den Berg and Arnold Shekel will receive a cash bonus of $6,100 for designing the winning bid.
"Out building does not block light and views of other objects," Vlasova said. "It takes into account the lower line of the facade as the neighboring buildings and the buildings opposite."
EGM Architects' design calls for the new academic building to contain a cafe and terrace, as well as administrative offices and presentation halls.
"We chose this project because it is functional and easy to be realized," UrFU Rector Viktor Koksharov said. "I think the building fits perfectly into the surrounding space and creates an ensemble with the main body of the university."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants