Moscow governor visits Aeroexpress' Sheremetyevo station
"It's very convenient to have express train," Vorobyov said. "We are interested in further development and will support the initiative of the third and fourth pads way from Belosrusskaya."
Aeroexpress--partially owned by Uzbek mogul Iskander Makhmudov--currently transports approximately 30 million passengers from Sheremetyevo airport every year. Proposals to expand service to Belosrusskaya could increase ridership to 60 million passengers per year.
"We are preparing to advance to the planned growth of passenger traffic at the airport and a proportional increase in the number of passengers," Aeroexpress CEO Alexei Krivoruchko said.
The Russian Ministry of Transport estimates construction on the railway expansion project will begin in 2017.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants