Yekaterinburg planning council approves final stage of Central Stadium reconstruction
Sverdlovsk Governor Yevgeny Kuyvashev chaired the council that ultimately approved Central Stadium's reconstruction.
"Take the World Cup matches--it is a serious step," Kuyvashev said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "And now our whole life, events, activities [and] programs for the next six years will be associated with the great sports event."
Per the construction plans, Central Stadium's eastern and western walls will be removed and re-situated at a further distance to allow for additional stadium space. Project designers plan to expand the seating capacity of Central Stadium while retaining its historic appearance, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Regional officials are still exploring proposals to finance the project.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants