Zenit St. Petersburg-Terek Grozny match ends in 1-1 draw
Zenit has not won a game in seven competitions, which puts pressure on coach Luciano Spalletti. The team's draw in Chechnya opens up a one-point gap over Lokomotiv Moscow in second place, RIA Novosti reports.
Before Witsel's 78th minute goal, Terek had looked set for victory thanks to an opening goal from Igor Lebedenko in the 51st minute of the game.
Late in the game, both teams came close to scoring winners, with the closest shot coming from Terek's Ailton, who put the ball in the back of the net after rounding Zenit goalkeeper Yuri Lodygin. The goal, however, was ruled out for dubious offside, according to RIA Novosti.
Lodygin received little help from the Zenit defense around 72 minutes into the game, when Terek striker Jeremy Bokila's low cross resulted in a shot on goal, which was stopped by the keeper.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants