Yekaterinburg Zoo begins voting on animal to star in Thailand exhibit
Thus far, eight species of animals native to Southeast Asia have been identified as possible candidates. Among them are an Asian elephant named Dasha, a panda named Sentier and two wild cats-- a fisher cat and a civet cat, Ekburg.ru reports.
Preliminary voting suggests that the fisher cat, Leah, is the most likely choice for the exhibition, having received more than 30 percent of the votes.
Voting will continue through Dec. 15 as part of the Yekaterinburg Zoo's "Days of Thailand" cultural project, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants