UrFU named best in organized college sports by Russian Student Sports Union
Awards were given to the best university and high school athletes, coaches, volunteers and organizers.
The event also included a ceremony honoring student-athletes, national sports federations, universities, and government, as well as public and commercial organizations that support sports.
The event was held for the first time with the support of the presidential administration, the Russia's Ministry of Sport and the Russian government. It was intended to encourage the students' sports movement in Russia to attract students to sport so as to give them a healthy way of living.
The director of the UrFU sports club Eugene Shurmanovym attended the event with nine athletes. Ilya Khlybov Sambo, a three-time world champion and winner of the Universiade in Kazan, also attended the event, as did Paul Lunev, a world arm-wrestling champion; Evgeny Smirnov, a world champion in diving; and Nikita Fakhrutdinov, a member of the Russian football team.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants