Meet Alexander Yakob, head of Yekaterinburg's city administration
Following his graduation from Sverdlovsk Mounting College, Yakob began his professional career as a radio adjuster at the Sverdlovsk Electrics Plant in 1975. In 1977, Yakob left the plant to become a staff electrician at the Sverdlovsk Electromedical Instruments Factory.
During his 18-year career at the Sverdlovsk Electromedical Instruments Factory, Yakob eventually became the trade union committee chairman, and ultimately, the factory's general director.
In 1995, Yakob took his first political position as Yekaterinburg's head of housing. Later, Yakob became the city's administrative head in the Upper Iset district. In 2006, Yakob was named the first deputy head of Yekaterinburg-- a position he held until his appointment as head of city administration in 2010.
Yakob holds advanced degrees from the Sverdlovsk Law Institute and the Academy of National Economy.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants