Russian journal "Science" publishes article on Chelyabinsk meteorite
The academic article features claims supported by a team of 59 scientists from nine countries, of which six were scientific faculty members at Ural Federal University.
UrFU specialists were the first to arrive at the site of the meteor crash in the Chelyabinsk region. Faculty members oversaw the drilling of a 23-foot wide hold in the ice of Chebarkul Lake. Later in the year, the UrFU team extracted the largest meteor fragment found to date.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants