UrFU students win innovation competition for efforts to improve traffic-flow
The winning students presented ideas on ways to reduce the amount of traffic throughout Yekaterinburg.
UrFU student Mikhail Avdeev won first place in the "Best IT Project" category with his ETransport mobile application, which gives users up-to-the-minute arrival times of all of the city's trains and buses.
Meanwhile, student teammates Alexander Fomenko and Sergey Leshina received the top score in the "Socially Significant Project" category for creating Ostanovka.ru-- a comprehensive plan for equipping Yeakterinburg's transport stops with displays showing arrival times and other pertinent information.
Projects were judged by a panel of regional experts in the fields of information technology, business and civil engineering.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants