Host city for World Expo 2020 to be announced later this month
Members of the BIE will first vote for the host city by secret ballot during a meeting of its general assembly on the same day, The Voice of Russia reports.
Cities currently in consideration for hosting duties include Yekaterinburg; Izmir, Turkey; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
World Expo 2020 will draw an estimated 12 million visitors to the host city over the course of six months, with participants representing more than 150 countries, according to The Voice of Russia.
- WNBA Coach of the Year Sandy Brondello to coach UMMC Yekaterinburg
- Yekaterinburg's Factory Kitchen UZTM proposed as cultural heritage site
- Yekaterinburg youth to train veterans on computer use
- WorldSkills promises spectacular opening ceremony to Hi-Tech championship in Yekaterinburg
- French universities present course offerings at UrFU
- New housing output doubles in Sverdlovsk region in 2014
- Russia to unveil 2018 FIFA World Cup emblem on Oct. 28
- Yekaterinburg Circus holds special performance for veteran performers
- UBRD begins issuing bank cards with contactless payment technology
- Actress Keira Knightley visits UrFU to discuss charity work