Host city for World Expo 2020 to be announced later this month
Members of the BIE will first vote for the host city by secret ballot during a meeting of its general assembly on the same day, The Voice of Russia reports.
Cities currently in consideration for hosting duties include Yekaterinburg; Izmir, Turkey; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
World Expo 2020 will draw an estimated 12 million visitors to the host city over the course of six months, with participants representing more than 150 countries, according to The Voice of Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants