Alleged gang members arrested on suspicion of illegal drug, weapon trade
The raid on the gang's operation in the the Bryansk region was conducted through a partnership between regional police, the Federal Security Service and the Interior Ministry, RIA Novosti reports.
Authorities initiated the raid after two members of the gang, Yekaterinburg natives ages 33 and 47, were witnessed attempting to sell drugs. Upon further inspection of the gang's operation, police uncovered illegal military-grade weapons.
"Six grenades of various modifications, four shells and mortar bombs containing a total of two kilograms of TNT, more than 50 7.62 mm cartridges and more than three kilograms of gunpowder were confiscated from the home of the arrested men, along with 1.5 kilograms of marijuana," a police spokesperson said, according to RIA Novosti.
Prosecutors said each of the detained men could face a maximum sentence of six years, if convicted.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants