Yekaterinburg Opera, Ballet Theatre to open Wagner's "Der fliegende Hollander"
Performances will begin at 6:30 p.m. local time and will be held Nov. 7, 12 and 13; Dec. 12; and Jan. 21 and 28.
Wagner began writing "Der fliegende Hollander" or "The Flying Dutchman" in May of 1840 during his employment at the Court Theatre in Paris. The opera saw its first production in Dresden, Norway, in January 1843.
"The Flying Dutchman" centers on a ghost ship and its crew who, despite their best efforts, can never manage to make it to port. The ship and its crew are doomed to forever sail the ocean.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants