Koltsovo Airport implements first international mail exchange program in Urals
The airport will take delivery of x-ray equipment and other machinery needed for customs clearances and other functions of postal operations.
When the international mail exchange operation launches next year, it will process up to 25,000 letters and 1,600 packages per day and will become the largest postal aviation hub in the Ural region. When fully functional and staffed, postal authorities hope the airport will grow to handle 700,000 letters and 300,000 packages per day.
Koltsovo was first selected to become a postal hub by the Federal State Unitary Enterprise in October 2011 in hopes of alleviating the burden of smaller regional operations.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants