Yekaterinburg Opera to produce Wagner's "Flying Dutchman"
The opera follows the story of sea Captain Daland, who is compelled to seek refuge during a storm on his journey home. Wagner wrote the opera after a period of struggle in his life in which he was in serious debt and his wife had a miscarriage. He traveled by sea through storms to escape debtors.
He wrote the first prose draft of the story in Paris in May 1840 and completed the libretto the following year. The first production was staged in Dresden in January 1843 and was conducted by Wagner himself.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants