UrFU develops optical fiber to search for extraterrestrial life
The technology helps to check the temperature of planets in deep space to determine which could potentially be suitable for life.
The fibers are unparalleled in the world and were grown from crystals by the now head of the department, Leah V. Zhukov.
Space exploration is not the only area in which the new fibers can be used. They can also be use din the pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemical and food industries.
- WNBA Coach of the Year Sandy Brondello to coach UMMC Yekaterinburg
- Yekaterinburg's Factory Kitchen UZTM proposed as cultural heritage site
- Yekaterinburg youth to train veterans on computer use
- WorldSkills promises spectacular opening ceremony to Hi-Tech championship in Yekaterinburg
- French universities present course offerings at UrFU
- New housing output doubles in Sverdlovsk region in 2014
- Russia to unveil 2018 FIFA World Cup emblem on Oct. 28
- Yekaterinburg Circus holds special performance for veteran performers
- UBRD begins issuing bank cards with contactless payment technology
- Actress Keira Knightley visits UrFU to discuss charity work