Dubai "front-runner" for 2020 World Expo
Dubai is the most likely candidate to host the event, due to its financial and governmental support, The New York Times reports.
The winning bid is scheduled to be announced by the International Exhibitions Bureau on Nov. 27. Sao Paolo, Brazil; Izmir, Turkey; and Yekaterinburg, Russia, are also in the running for hosting rights.
In light of the recent passage of anti-gay legislation by the Russian government, many members of the international community have campaigned against Yekaterinburg's bid to host the international event.
Additionally, the treatment of gays in Turkey may also hurt Izmir's chances to host the 2020 World Expo, according to The New York Times.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants