Russian government allocates $88 million to World Cup stadium construction
Medvedev said the money will "provide funding for design and survey work for the construction or renovation of seven stadiums," The Moscow Times reports.
The regions of Mordovia, Volgograd, Kaliningrad, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Sverdlovsk and Rostov will share the funds.
Of the $20 billion total budget set aside for the World Cup, $7.5 billion will be spent solely on arenas, with the rest going toward improving the country's transportation infrastructure. Of the 12 World Cup venues, 10 will be built from scratch, according to The Moscow Times.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants