Sverdlovsk Governor Kuyvashev meets with UrFU officials to discuss funding for university improvements
Koksharov and his team of university administrators presented Kuyvashev with a progress report of the recently-completed three-year university development program.
The three-year project cost the university and regional government nearly $9.5 million and allowed for the purchase of university equipment, registration of intellectual property and patents and other related expenses.
Next, Kuyvashev and his cabinet will consider a UrFU proposal to receive a five percent increase in public funding for infrastructural projects at the school.
"Experience shows that state compulsion to innovate is necessary," UrFU Vice Rector Sergei Court said. "In response to the growing demand for our part, we are ready to develop a partnership with the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences as well as other universities and large corporations."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants