Sverdlovsk Railway announces plan to create railway museum
The railway already has a collection of decommissioned historical locomotive vehicles in storage at a Yekaterinburg facility adjacent to a public park. Yekaterinburg's Head of Beautification officially welcomed the idea of such a museum and is preparing to receive shipment of locomotive number 063-- a 157 c series built in 1936-- for display.
Locomotive 063 is no longer operative, having undergone years of vandalism. However, officials from the railway and from Yekaterinburg's municipal government are investigating methods of restoring the vehicle to be used in the museum.
Currently, the locomotive is parked in a Yekaterinburg train yard. The Sverdlovsk regional government has loaned Sverdlovsk Railways specialized equipment to remove the locomotive and ship it to the future site of the museum.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants