VSMPO-Avisma, Boeing to launch second phase of Ural Boeing Manufacturing plant construction
The agreement to initiate UBM's second phase of construction was signed during the air show in Le Bourget, RusBusiness News reports.
Since 2009, Boeing has operated a titanium machinery factory in the Urals for construction of its aircraft. Boeing purchases more than 40 percent of its raw titanium products from VSMPO-Avisma.
Sources from Boeing expect the company to invest approximately $18 billion in Russian titanium programs throughout the next 30 years. Construction on the plant is expected to begin in early 2014, according to RusBusiness News.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants