Berlin Bears stop in Yekaterinburg for one month
The Berlin Bears are on a journey around the world and will be on display in Yekaterinburg for one month. Each of the 111 Berlin Bears represents one country in the world.
The Berlin Bears slogan is, "We need to get to know each other, then we can better understand each other, to trust and to live peacefully together."
The United Buddy Bears global tour calls for tolerence and understanding among peoples, cultures and religions.
The painting shows different bears as a personification of the country, as interpreted by an artist from that country. It is a unique kind of collective work of art representing the colorful splendor of the diversity of world culture.
The bears stand hand-in-hand, symbolizing a peaceful life on the plant. Additionally, each exhibit represents the residents of different countries and cultures rather than political systems. The opening of the exhibit took place last week in Gorky Park.
The exhibit was organized by the German Consulate General in Yekaterinburg and the firm Buddy Bear, with the support of the Administration of Yekaterinburg as well as Mayakovsky, the company DB Shenker and Dyckerhoff-Dry Valley.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants