UrFU extends Science Slam application deadline
Science Slam is a competition to present scientific papers in accessible ways to the general public. Unlike other scientific presentation competitions, Science Slam allows participants to speak for up to 10 minutes on a given topic in an informal setting. Speakers are encouraged to use humor and other engaging public speaking techniques while lecturing.
Previous participants have employed a wide range of tools and styles when presenting, including dynamic visual aids, props, dance and rap.
This year, a jury of experts will select six student scientists from Yekaterinburg to participate in a three-day seminar on scientific communication. Presenters will also receive personal training in presentation techniques.
Winners will be announced on June 20 during a reception at a Yekaterinburg nightclub. Individuals selected will also be automatically entered into the German-Russian championship scheduled to take place on Sept. 13 in Berlin.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants