Russian, Western European art expert Ilya Dorochenko speaks at UrFU
Doronchenko lectured on the painting "Death of Marat" by French artist Jacques-Louis David, offering a glimpse into the secret and hidden meanings of the famous work. He also spoke on the ambiguity of the picture, which depicts a dying Jean-Paul Marat, a famous figure in the French Revolution, adding that the painting is both a masterpiece that inspires writers yet also a cynical piece of political propaganda.
Additionally, Doronchenko talked about how Marat's identity and role in history and the revolution are what eventually led him to his death. The lecturer also introduced students to other works by the the artist Jacques-Louis David.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants