Salmonellosis outbreak in Chelyabinsk region puts 77 patients in hospital
"They are all in a moderately grave but stable condition," Chelyabinsk City Health Department spokeswoman Maria Petrova said, according to Itar-Tass. "Two patients who were in a grave condition have been moved from intensive therapy wards to ordinary wards."
Updated reports state that 77 people have been infected with salmonellosis in the region, including 14 children. Health officials said the number may continue to rise.
The salmonellosis outbreak occurred in the region last week. Preliminary data sourced the oubreak back to a pastry made by a Kopeisk-based company. Production at the facility was suspended, and approximately 66 pounds of cream puffs were removed from shelves at 12 outlets in the region, Itar-Tass reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants