Yekaterinburg and Strasburg rail stations sign twinning agreement
The two stations were selected for a twinning agreement due to similarities in both their architectural features as well passenger traffic, RZD Partner reports.
The twinning of the Yekaterinburg and Strasburg stations marks the sixth pair of stations to enter such an agreement as part of the Directorate of Railways Station's cooperation program.
Launched in February 2010 as a partnership between the Russian directorate and its French counterpart, SNCF, the program encourages twinned stations to share industry experience and information as well as conduct cultural events.
In 2013, the program aims to develop and improve services in rail stations and attract investment money. Moreover, rail officials seek to offer enhanced accessibility to disabled travelers and to host events such as chess tournaments and culinary competitions throughout the year, according to RZD Partner.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants