New car sales in Yekaterinburg at record high
There was a five percent spike in car sales over 2012 during the month of February when 7,520 vehicles were sold in the city, Autostat reports.
Russia's Lada remains the highest-selling brand in Yekaterinburg, accounting for 10 percent of new car sales during the month of February.
Meanwhile, the Korean-built Hyundai is the city's best-selling foreign car of 2013, with a total of 1,115 vehicles sold during the first two months of the year. Korea's Kia, which led sales in the city during the month of January, is the city's third-most selling car with 1,012 units sold.
Chevrolet, Toyota and Volkswagen, which were the best-selling foreign cars in Yekaterinburg throughout 2012, have seen slowed sales thus far in 2013. However, competitors Nissan and Renault are showing signs of growth in the Yekaterinburg market with 830 and 788 units sold respectively.
"If the current positive dynamics will be kept, then it will be sold over 100,000 cars in Yekaterinburg this year", Auto-Dealer Yekaterinburg Director Michael Chaplygin said, according to Autostat.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants