More than half of Yekaterinburg residents choose tap water
The broadcast featured Yekaterinburg Deputy Head of Administration Alex Kozhemyako who disclosed that he also uses tap water for drinking and cooking, Mir66 reports.
"I drink tap water and only expose [it] to further filtration and bottled", Kozhemyako said during the broadcast, according to Mir66.
The network's poll also revealed that 20 percent of respondents use spring water, while 24 percent purchase water or have it delivered.
"Most people rightly trust tap water. Because that water enters the water supply network, subject to strict control", Kozhemyako said during the interview, Mir66 reports.
Yekaterinburg's water treatment facilities were initially built during the 1970s and 1980s. In the last five years, the city has begun to invest in more modern purification techniques.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants