Yekaterinburg officials discuss updating road network near Central Stadium
At the meeting, the Moscow Design Institute presented suggestions drawn from extensive experience in the capital and in other regions in the country, Ekburg.ru reports.
Anton Shafarostova, the chairman of the Construction Committee of the Administration of Yekaterinburg, said they are considering the options and concepts presented by three independent groups, the results of which will be submitted to the Technical Board of Administration.
Experts will be involved in the decision making, judging the strength of each proposal.
The first team submitted its proposals, discussing the jointing hub turner Tatishchev-Crowley.
The street is currently part of the median Tokars ring that provides north-south transport and has six lanes. Near Central Stadium, the street has four level crossings and two adjoining streets.
The maximum traffic in the area is 3,400 vehicles per hour during morning rush hour and 3,700 in the evening. It is expected that traffic will increase with the connection of Lenin Ave. and Tatishcheva St. for EXPO 2020, according to Ekburg.ru.
The designers proposed building a common street overpass to ensure passage beneath Tatishcheva and Crowley streets.
The designers will also be confronting the complex "knot" at Kirov St., Dolores Ibarruri, Krylov, Melnikov and Upper Iset Blvd. The proposed improvements of the area would involve the moving of tram tracks to the edge of the park along the XXII Partsezda behind the Palace of Youth. Additionally, traffic flows would be separated into different directions in order to avoid the intersection.
The proposals also included one-way traffic, dedicated lanes for public transportation, organization of bicycle paths, the maximum rejection of left turns and translation movement of traffic lights in the two-phase mode.
First deputy head of the Administration of Yekaterinburg Sergei Schwindt said that it was necessary to make an informed decision for the sake of the World Cup and for the optimization of the road network in Yekaterinburg in general, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants