Dmitry Kogan concert raises thousands for children's hospital
Kogan enlisted a group of talented young musicians from the Ural Conservatory to perform alongside him at the benefit. The event raised nearly $65,000 to purchase new dialysis machines for the children's clinic, Oblgazeta reports.
For years, the children's hospital has been in need of new equipment and funding. Two months prior to the concert, Sverdlovsk Governor Evgeny Kuyvasheva and Kogan, a Yekaterinburg native, began planning the event to help address those needs.
In a statement to the press following the concert, Kogan said that he normally does not participated in charitable events.
"I am totally against PR events that are so fashionable in Moscow. I'm only interested in targeted charity, when you can help someone with something specific", Kogan said, according to Oblgazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants