Yekaterinburg building's roof collapses under weight of snow
The collapsed building is situated at the intersection of Malyshev and Pushkin, an area that receives a heavy volume of foot traffic. There have been no reports of injuries resulting from the collapse, Mir66 reports.
Yekaterinburg's mayor issued a statement on the city's website requesting that the company that controls the damaged building remove the snow and frost from adjoining buildings to prevent similar incidents.
"In the city there is the risk of ice on the roofs of houses, the snow from the roofs of building, sidewalks icing exits of driveways, walkways in yards," the mayor's statement said, according to Mir66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants