Regions to receive limited federal funding for World Cup preparations
In a series of meetings last week, government officials determined that federal funding will only be used for the construction of stadiums and training facilities for the games. Additionally, the federal government will provide support for upgrades to airports and other transportation programs that extend beyond the scope of a single region, Inside the Games reports.
As a result, funding for city improvement projects such as local transportation systems and infrastructural upgrades will be the responsibility of regional governments.
During the meetings, Shuvalov said that funding requests for such items as sewer system refurbishments and public fountains will not be funded.
"We're not going to finance this from the federal budget, that's what regional programs are for", Shuvalov said, according to Inside the Games.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants