Yekaterinburg's Paul Zyrin wins Finnish winter kite championship
"Winter kite" is a sport where athletes on either skis or snowboards sail across frozen bodies of water by catching wind in kites. Zyrin ranked first in the snowboarding division, Mir66 reports.
The competition took place in the town of Kalajoki on the frozen waters of the Gulf of Bothnia.
Placing second and third in the snowboarding division were Russians Melkozerov Alexander and Garashchenko Denis of Surgut and Yekaterinburg, respectively.
In the skiing division, Petrozavodsk's Nikulichev Dmitry took first place, according to Mir66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants