Barybin assassination organizer sentenced to 13 years in prison
Sterkhov was charged with arranging a murder after investigators discovered that he contracted local Traffic Police Inspector Anton Gazdeliani to kill Barybin. Gazdeliani received a 14-year sentence in March 2012, Ria Novosti reports.
Officials report that Gazdeliani rigged a tripwire attached to a grenade outside the Irbin politician's home. Upon exiting his home, Barybin detonated the grenade and was hospitalized for two days before succumbing to his injuries.
Sterkhov evaded police until July when he was apprehended by Egyptian authorities and extradited to Russia, according to Ria Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants