Sberbank thieves apprehended in Yekaterinburg
According to regional police, the thieves used hacking techniques to fraudulently withdraw funds from victims' accounts. They gathered bank card data of account holders in order log in to Sberbank's mobile banking website. From the website, the thieves were able to block the account holders' sim cards and withdraw funds for themselves, Itar-Tass reports.
The suspects, one of whom is a Sberbank employee, are being investigated for fraud.
Authorities have confiscated computers, mobile phones, sim cards, passports and weapons from the suspects' homes, according to Itar-Tass.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants