Sverdlovsk ice fishermen gather to raise EXPO 2020 support
The ice fishers bored holes in the frozen pond and arranged their fishing poles in such a way that the words "EXPO 2020" could be read from the aerial web cameras broadcasting the event, Mir66 reports.
Sverdlovsk Regional Sports Chairman Vitaly Medvedev said that 100 professional and amateur fishermen from across Upper Pyshma, Berezovsky and Serov participated in the publicity event.
Those participating also competed in a fishing competition. All fish caught at the event went to feed stray animals at the "Zoozaschita" charity.
The event, which organizers are calling a "fishmob", is the first of its kind, according to Mir66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants