Fire on Mendeleyev St. kills three construction workers
After being alerted of the blaze, the Yekaterinburg fire department was dispatched to 18 Mendeleyev St. at approximately 7 a.m.. The crew arrived approximately 10 minutes later and began to extinguish, the fire which had engulfed two trailers within a 400-square-foot area, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Municipal authorities confirmed that three victims died in the blaze. While the identities of the casualties have not yet been verified, preliminary data suggests that all three victims were employed by an area construction group.
In total, four vehicles and 16 firefighters worked to successfully extinguish the fire by 7:45 a.m. The scene was entirely contained by 8 a.m., according to Ural Business Consulting.
Officials have begun investigating the cause of the fire.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants