Snowstorm closes Norilsk airport
"The work of Norilsk airport is halted this Friday because of the weather conditions. Five flights are delayed at the departure airports," a source at the crisis center said, Itar-Tass reports.
No delayed planes or passengers were stuck at the Norilsk airport.
The delayed flights were the result of strong winds and a snowstorm in Norilsk. The city's department for emergencies warned that in Norilsk and surrounding areas this week gusts of wind could reach 20-27 m/sec with 25-degree frost.
Children in the area were asked to stay home from school for their own safety.
Visibility on the roads was reported by traffic police as being less than one kilometer, Itar-Tass reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants